The church of the Holy Ghost in Prague’s Old Town is located between the streets of Široká, Dušní and Eliška Krásnohorská. In the past it was also called the church of God’s Mercy. The gothic single-aisle building with an oblong presbytery and prismatic tower by the north side was later remodelled in the Baroque style. It especially applied to the vaults and the windows. Only the penthouse by the north side of the church has been relatively preserved from the original building. The typical architecture of the middle era of Luxemburg Gothic style is also remarkable from the point of view of historical urbanisation.
The steeple, which was built from the ubble stone, stands by the north end of the church. It was adjusted in 1807 and today is 35,5 in height. The tower is accessible from the vestry hall. It has four floors. The basement and the second floor are of Gothic style, the other parts were reconstructed including the dome which was completed according to the plans of the court builder Ignác Alois Palliardi. The gothic part of the steeple has its corners strengthened by ashlars, the east first floor forefront also has a gothic window with hewed window flanning. The circular stairs run up the tower ending in 16 wooden steps with a banister. The individual floors are accessible directly from the stairs through narrow entries. The steeple’s belfry has four large shuttered windows and only one preserved bell. It is dated from 1706 when it was made by Mikuláš Lӧwa. The other two beams are currently empty. The bell rope is long and it leads as far as to the vestry.
The church of the Holy Ghost also has a little Sanctus steeple on its roof. This steeple was put up in 1833 when it was reconstructed using the original plans.