One of the most charming old Praguean areas has been created in the course of centuries in the upper part of Nerudova Street. There has occurred a concourse of four roads. Of the mentioned Nerudova street, Úvoz, K Pražskému hradu and Radnické schody. A corner three-winged house U Tří horníků, no. 171 dominates in the area. Its facade is approximately from the 40’s of 18th century. Steep Street of Úvoz, which is leading to Pohořelec, was used by coronation parades along back. And it was like that until in 1663 so-called New Road was set up in the place of mere path; this New Road enabled substantially shorter way to the ruler’s residence. Present name Ke Hradu has been accepted since 1952. Furthermore, it is possible to enter Radnické schody there, which are called like that as they end at the previous Town Hall of Hradčany no. 173. In the past there led a sharp narrow-sunken way, along which riders were riding their horses and although it seems impossible, carriages were going there, too. After the stairs had been built there were established shambles where people went shopping “from the top” as well as “from the bottom“, from Hradčany as well as from the Lesser Town. In the first quarter of 18th century there were placed two baroque statues in the entry of the stairs; St. Jan Nepomucký by Jan Brokof or by his son Michael Josef Brokof on the left; on the right St. Josef, a statue attached to carver František Santini Aichl or to a sculptor of the circle of Ottavio Mosto. Opposite to house U Dvou slunců, where Jan Neruda stayed for some time, there is an alcove with outstanding sculpture Toileta by Jan Štursa, settled in 1922. Sometimes, this place is empty, when it is necessary to take the sculpture away for restoration because of vandals. If we have a look in the north direction above the street Ke Hradu, we can see views of Church of St. Benedikt, Carmelite cloister, large buildings of Schwarzenberg Palace and of Salmovský Palace.