Strongly sloping Nerudova Street is lined with historic baroque houses, out of which nearly each has its front fitted with a house sign, having a direct relation with its history in some cases. It acquired its present name in 1895 in honour of Czech poet, writer and journalist Jan Neruda (1834-1891). Currently, there was unveiled a memorial tablet on the house U Dvou slunců no. 233, where Neruda was living for some time.
There are two palace buildings standing out. Morzin palace no. 256 is the residence of Embassy of Romania. Václav count of Morzin had the ancestral home built in 1670. In 1713-1714 a huge reconstruction happened according to plans of Jan Santini Aichl. Front of the palace is decorated with sculptures of Moors who are supporting the balcony, a work by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokof.
The most monumental building in Nerudova Street is palace which was originally called Kolovratský no. 214, after change of the owners since 1768 it has been called Thun-Hohenštejnský. It was built in 1721-1726 most likely according to project of Jan Santini Aichl. Matyáš Bernard Braun was co-operating in relief decoration of the portal with use of heraldic motif of eagles of Kolovrates. The whole palace complex is serving for Italian Embassy, nowadays.
Church architecture in Nerudova Street is represented by Church of Holy Angelic Mary and of St. Kajetán. The church, which does not have towers, was built in the central cross plan in 1711-1717, in the place of two burger houses at previous Strahovská gate. It was destroyed in the beginning of construction. At the church there was also a cloister, in whose refectory Czech theatre was played at one time. There were 180 seats, the first public performance took place on 22nd February 1835. The leader of Kajetán theatre was Josef Kajetán Tyl.