The Grand Priory Square, far from the rush of the city, belongs among the calmest and most attractive areas of the Lesser Town. Furthermore, there survived several interesting architectures, mostly listed. One-storied Grand Priory Palace, which has kept its Romanesque core, turns there with its side front. Designs for the high baroque residence of the Maltese Grand prior were processed in 1725-1726 by arch. Bartolomeo Scotti. Part of the palace is also a garden, in the side of square covered by a high wall, which has been known as Wall of John Lennon. In the same, northern side of the square there is also a previous Grand Priory mill no. 489, which had been also called Štěpánovský. Basically, it is a renaissance building from 1597-1600. Mainly its renewed groundwater mill-wheel is popular; it is rotating only to entertain the tourists.
There are standing three significant buildings on the southern side. Little Buquoy Palace no. 484 which had risen on the basis of late renaissance house from 1596-1604. Its present architectonic shape is in late baroque style. In the middle of this side of the square there is Buquoy Palace no. 486, which was previously called Wallenstein and then Hrzánský Palace. It was rising in several building phases, the last one, which gave it the present appearance, was proceeding under the command of builder Johann Georg Aichbauer after 1736. Since 1919 the Buquoy Palace has been used as Embassy of the French Republic. Towards Čertovka, there is the last out of the three buildings on the southern side of the square, Palace of Mettych of Čečov no. 490. The palace is a renaissance building from 1586, extended to the present shape in 1617. On its front at the height of elevated ground floor there is a memorial tablet of grey granite with carved and gilded inscription: „In this house Josef B. Foerster was born on 30.12.1859, to bring us to the higher beauties with his music “. Unveiling ceremony was held on 16th December 1934 with personal attendance of the composer.