The first mention of Uhříněves comes from the period around 1227. In that period the village belonged to Benedictine convent of St George at the Prague Castle. In 1913 Uhříněves was promoted to a town and the municipal coat-of-arms was assigned to it in the following year. It was joined to the capital of Prague in 1974.
The Square of Jandus’ Brothers had not had any name for a long time. As late as in the thirties in the last century it got the name of Masaryk, after T. G. Masaryk, the first president of ČSR. During German occupation this name was cancelled, naturally. After World War II the official name was the Peace Square. However, it became a duplicate after joining Uhříněves to Prague, as it clashed with the square in Vinohrady of the same name. Thus it got the name the Square of Jandus’ Brothers in 1978. Both of them, Jaroslav and František, were anti-fascism fighters and pre-war activists of the labour movement.
All Saints church turns into the square from the north-east. The original gothic building was reconstructed in renaissance style later on and during 1740-1743 it was fundamentally rebuilt in the style of high and late baroque. The designs were elaborated by builder of Říčany, Tomáš Vojtěch Budil. A massive prismatic tower, which rises by one floor higher than the church nave, is standing in the front of the hall church building. In the premises, which are enclosed with a wall of the previous cemetery, there are baroque sandstone sculptures of the Virgin Mary, St Florian, Roch, Sebastian and František Xaverský.
The whole northern side of the square is taken by storied, historical school building no. 2. On the opposite side there is house no. 33 with a memorial tablet saying: „Painter and puppet master Ota Bubeníček was born there * 31.10 1871 † 10.9.1962“.
In the middle of the square, in a park, there is standing a sculptural group of St Jan Nepomucký from the period around 1730.