Dubeč was firstly mentioned in 1088 in the foundation charter of Vyšehrad chapter. It was promoted a town by a charter of King Vladislaus II, issued in Olomouc on 20th January 1502. Later on Dubeč had been degraded to a bare village again and only in the newer age it was named a town again. In 1974 Dubeč became a part of the capital of Prague. Furthermore, we must add the fact that according to statement of the Institution for Czech Language the name of Dubeč is a femine name.
However the Lime Square is situated in Dubeček. It was established much later. Long-time it had been called Malá Dubeč and it was joined to Velká Dubeč in the end of 15th century. Dominant feature of the Lime Square is the church of St Peter, which is standing on a small ness above the stream of Říčany. Originally a gothic single-nave building with five-sided closed presbytery, arched with cross and radiated vaults, got its present shape during neo-gothic reconstruction in 1867. It added a prismatic tower in the western front and it extended the nave-windows. The tower has two floors and high thin windows. In the up attic there is placed a bell and a clock mechanism, whose faces open to four sides. The roof passes into a thin high octagonal pyramid ended with a balloon. There are iron circle stairs leading up to the gallery and wooden stairs leading to the upper floor.
The church of St Peter in Dubeček is surrounded by a previous cemetery, which is bounded by a rubble-stone wall.