We can find four bridges serving for the railway traffic among Prague bridges over Vltava. The oldest one is the arched, stone Negrelli viaduct from 1850. Another is an iron lattice bridge at Výtoň, whose original bridge structure from 1871 was replaced with the present one thirty years later. The third railway bridge in Prague is the Bridge in Braník. It was completed in 1955. The fourth in this series is the Railway Bridge in Holešovice under Bulovka, of pre-stressed concrete, completed in 1975 and put into operation one year later.
The Railway Bridge in Holešovice is a part of railway relocation in Holešovice. It connects Holešovice with Libeň; on the side of Libeň it links tunnel under White rock, 331 m long. On the line there are other bridge objects: over Rokytka and Zenklova Street, over Na Žertvách Street and Sokolovská Street, further there are two bridges on the line Prague – Vysočany. The railway bridge in Holešovice over Vltava, of the pre-stressed concrete with frame structure is 387,5 m long and 10 m wide. It is divided on five bays of 77,5 m each. Double-hinged frame is borne by arms 12 m high, which have strength of four meters at their lower parts. They rest on round pillars with diameter of twenty metres in their basements and with diameter of eight meters at the top. Inclination of the bridge towards the river, which is of 45 degrees, is very unusual, furthermore it has one-side gradient of 0,55 percent.
Chief designer of the bridge was ing. dr. Vilém Možíš (1914-1975). Construction was realized by company of Road and railway constructions. It was done without any interruption of the river traffic. The Railway Bridge in Holešovice, often also called the Railway Bridge under Bulovka, passed the load test successfully in October 1975. It was entirely approved in December 1976.