One of the last water towers in Prague to be built was at the edge of Pankrác plain at Hanusova St. in 1906-1907. The location is called Na Zelené Lišce after the local pull-up (restaurant), which used to stand there. The tower is not only a significant way point but also an historical building of industrial architecture of the Prague 4 district area.
It is interesting that the tower was originally built for the developing district of Vršovice which became a village in 1885 and a town in 1902. Water was being brought here from Bráník, where there was a water-station. The water tower, which stopped functioning in 1975, and the surrounding operational buildings are registered as national historic landmarks. Both the water supply complex in Bráník and the complex at Na Zelené Lišce were designed by Czech Architect Jan Kotěra.
The water tower has a circular ground plan with a conical round rootstock made of stone and brickwork masonry and strengthened by pillars which supports the water tank, which in turn is made of a riveted steel construction. The construction has a shape of dome above the water tank and the roof is of casqued shape. Windows on the rootstock have ceramic decoration with partly green glazing. The most important part of the tower understandably, is its reservoir. The iron-plate barrel is 10 metres in diameter and 5 metres in height. The tank’s capacity is 500 m3, with a maximum water level at 299M above sea-level. The tower is 42 m tall and is not open to the public. The roof underwent general repairs in 1999. The premises are currently owned by the Prague water resources company.