The previous village of Dolní Chabry is situated by the northern edge of Prague between Čimice and Ďáblice. Nowadays, it is a full part of the capital of Prague, to which it was joined on 1st January 1968. Origin of the name of the Bílenecké Square is not clear. Perhaps, it has been derived from Bílenec, which is a village in the region of Louny.
However, it is sure that an outstanding Prague sacral monument, the Church of Execution of St John the Baptist with a belfry is standing along the Bílenecké Square. It got its first shape by its builders in the second half of 11th century. It was a Romanesque rotunda with a horse-shoe apsidiole in the eastern side. Its ruins were discovered by an archaeological survey below the floor of the present church. The visitors might see them in April 2008 on the occasion of International Day of Monuments and Historical Seats.
A single-nave tribune church with half-round apsidiole, which has basically kept its Romanesque shape even after later building modifications, rose in the place of the rotunda in the third quarter of 12th century. During building modifications in 18th century the baroque loft, oblong entrance hall and vestry with squared floor plan were added to the northern wall.
The church is surrounded with an old cemetery, enclosed with a wall of rubble stone. A belfry is built at the wall. In the ground floor it is masonry and a wooden plank floor is joined to the stone bottom. The roof is simple, pyramid-shaped, covered with plate.
Memorial dedicated to twenty-three local citizens, who had been killed during the Prague rebellion in May 1945, was unveiled on the Bílenecké Square on 6th May 2002. The memorial of Hořice sandstone symbolizes a torn column, from whose centre a rose bud opens, which is a symbol of new life. Authors of the piece of art are students of Sculptural and Stonemason High School in Hořice under command of professor Michal Moravec.