Hradčanské Square is a worthy front zone of the Prague Castle. On the northern side there is standing the Archbishop Palace no. 56, a huge building complex with difficult development and monumental front. It is the residence of the Prague archbishop. The neighbouring Sternberg Palace no. 57 was built during 1697-1708 in the place of older estate. Builder of the palace was Václav Vojtěch of Sternberg. Nowadays, collections from the National Gallery are placed in the palace. Further there are so-called Canonical Houses. The northern frontage of the square is closed with renaissance Martinický Palace no. 67, built in the second half of 16th century.
The western side of the square is formed by Capitulary Residence no. 65, but it is mainly dominated with the palace architecture of Tuscan Palace no. 182. The palace was constructed under command of Jakub Antonius Canavelli, during 1689-1691 according to design by Jean Baptiste Mathey. There are many early baroque sculptures by Jan Brokof on the parapet.
On the south there is standing Church of St Benedict together with Carmelite cloister no. 184, and then the renaissance Schwarzenberg Palace no. 185, originally Lobkowicz Palace, built in 1545-1567. Wings of the palace surround the honorary court, closed from the square with a decorative wall with a lattice gate. Classic sgrafitto decoration is the largest in Prague. Currently, there is an exhibition of National Gallery in the building. This side of the square is closed with three-wing classicist Salmovský Palace no. 186.
Centre of the square is dominated with plague column of the Virgin Mary, work by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokof. It was consecrated on 13th May 1736. In the square there is also standing a significant technical monument, cast-iron, richly decorated with art, lamp-post of the gas lighting, built in 1867 in Komárovské železárny. Next to the Salmovský Palace there is a memorial to T. G. Masaryk. Sculpture of the first Czechoslovak president, standing on a high pedestal, is 3 m high, it weighs about 500 kg and it is three-times-enlargement of the work by sculptor Otakar Španiel from 1937. It was realized by sculptors Josef Vajce and Jan Bartoš. Ceremonious unveiling took place on 7th March 2000.