Name of the square has been valid since its foundation in 1931. The square was established as a Prague one, because Košíře was joined to the capital of Prague by act, which became effective on 1st January 1922. The small Košířské Square is surrounded with apartment houses along the western and eastern sides. The northern boundary is defined by the busy Plzeňská Street; centre of the square is formed by vegetation.
Church of St Jan Nepomucký turns into the square from the mound in the south. Little known arch. Jaroslav Čermák (1901-1990) was charged with elaboration of the church in the disappearing functionalist style. He projected a simple solution with single-nave central space, which was however very original and impressive. Building realization was carried out during 1940-1942, so during the World War II. Even though all work had not been completed according to the initial intention, the church was consecrated in the honour of the Czech national saint St Jan Nepomucký. It is sad fact that ing. arch. František Couf, who had controlled construction through his company in Libeň, was executed together with his wife Josefa in the firing field in Kobylysy, reportedly due to listening to the foreign radio, shortly after completion of the building on 17th June 1942.
The dominant feature of the building is a spire 50 m high, with roughly squared ground plan. Inside there have been inserted wooden stairs, which lead to the top. The spire is ended with an open belfry in the form of reversed letter U. The original intention of four handing bells has not been fulfilled successfully, as the church bells were commandeered during World War II, on the contrary. The bells were mounted there in 1999. A cross is placed on the very top of the spire.