The square at Křižíkova Street is modified with parks and it is decorated with tiny sculptures. It was founded in the beginning of 20th century during building of the eastern part of Karlín. In 1906-1940 it was called the Square of Rieger, in memory of Czech patriot and politician František Ladislav Rieger (1818-1903). In 1940-1945, i.e. in the time of German occupation, it was called the Square of Erben, after the Czech poet, novelist, linguist, historian, folklorist and last but not least the first archivist of the royal capital of Prague at that time, Karel Jaromír Erben (1811-1870). For short time, in 1945-1948, the square got back the name of Rieger. Since 1948 it has been called the Square of Lyčka. Břetislav Lyčka, MD (1903-1942), as a resistance worker, nursed the injured participants of attempt on the life of Reinhard Heydrich. In July 1942 when his shelter was revealed and closed in, he shot himself to death.
There is a big building of school no. 460, built in historicist Art nouveau style, which dominates in the square. Elaboration of the final design was submitted to arch. Josef Sakař (1856-1936). Definitive projects were approved by the ordinance of imperial and royal school region commission on 6th June 1904. Ceremony of laying the foundation stone was held on 6th September in the same year. The building of school started to be used for its purpose in the beginning of school year 1906-1907.
In front of the building there are two front gardens, behind the building there are courtyard and playground. Whole area of the land is 4 615 m2, the building itself takes the area of 2 103 m2. The building is two-storied, with three-storied centre, segmented floor plan and two main entrances. High stepped gable above the main moulding dominates in the central part. It is decorated with motif of St Wenceslas’ crown, Czech signs and especially with plastic relief of St Wenceslas on the horse by sculptor K. Novák with inscription: „St. Wenceslas, do not let us die and do not let the coming die“. Other rich painting decoration on the central front was made by academic painters K. Klusáček and J. Köhler.